PUNTE

PUNTE 

(in the memory of a late dog at my campus' canteen)


“Aw, he is so small and cute” was what I felt the first time,

Never thought would be still saying the same for the final time

Such a short yet treasured period you lived,

Weren’t anyone there that knew about you who hadn’t grieved

Still coming on my mind are your eyes that used to get large when you saw me,

Your tail that always swung sidewise hearing me call your name

Never at once was there that I couldn’t find in you that “first” glee,

But for this last tragic, just do tell me to whom am I to blame?

Would definitely wish to have you back if u incarnated again

As that same naive puppy or may be this time a human much sane

But wouldn’t I sound selfish to have you back as that creature,

The creature that knew nothing about all those surviving feature

No, next time I wish to rather have you hugging me than licking my shoes,

Ask me straight to pass you my yogurt rather than gesturing it with your paws

No more pulling my pants with your half grown teeth to tell me that you were on my side,

No more falling on your face that cutely while trying to quickly run and slide

No more pausing an intense CRICSOL match by running to me in the middle of the pitch,

No more making that funny sharp sound when your small ears were twitched

No one owned you actually at their homes but still you belonged to everyone's heart,

Didn’t know you were stray or what but I always felt the same belonging to you as for my own house pet

Gosh, what shall be the days onwards to not see you again in our campus' Mess?

But, I am sure in the heart of all my friends you shall be sadly and forever missed.

-Shraddha Acharya

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments