Infidelity

INFIDELITY


Is it the shine in your eyes that shows you and me together in distant future?

Or is it the goosebumps that are clearly visible on your skin that I look and then overlook upon?

They scare me,

They scare me as I do not know what the destiny holds

This can't be true,

This won't be true.

One moment I fantasize you lying submissive around my arms,

Another blink, there is no one, not even my leal soul

It wasn't your love that halted the first step on my part,

My facile reciprocation for you is to be blamed for that 

My soul fears more as it cannot endure to be left alone again,

To be given a hope and then be left stranded without footprints again

Fidelity that imbibes in you can carry weight of any amour,

My loyalty however works oddly, it is too feeble to adhere

It isn't about another person, there was never any third one but me,

My own fragile insecurities are the bearers of my infidelity.

Infidelity by me, to me and the reason being me!

-Shraddha Acharya

Comments